- This Request for Expressions of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in dgMarket online 26th July 2011 and published Issue no 804, 16th August 2011 and re-advertised 30th April 2012.
- The Government of Tonga has received a grant for assistance from the International Development Association under the Pacific Aviation Investment Project (PAIP) and it is intended to apply part of the proceeds to payments for the Contract – Consulting Services – Selection of an Individual Consultant –Technical Adviser.
- The PAIP Program is a regional aviation project with the development objective to provide safe and secure air transport operations and environmentally sustainable and efficient airports and is being implemented in three (4) Pacific Island countries: Tonga, Tuvalu, Kiribati and Samoa. The projects’ implementing Entity is Tonga Airports Ltd, who leads the projects via the TFSU “Technical and Fiduciary Services Unit.”
- Tonga Airports limited now seeks to appoint a Technical Adviser to provide technical support to the TFSU and to each participating country to support effective project implementation. The Consultant will also be required to work closely with each implementing agency and project teams (Kiribati: Ministry of Communications, Transport and Tourism Development (MCTTD); Samoa: Samoa Airport Authority (SAA); Tonga: TAL; Tuvalu: Ministry of Communications and Transport (MCT), Vanuatu: Vanuatu Project Management Unit (VPMU, Ministry of Infrastructure and Public Utilities (MIPU) and Airports Vanuatu Limited (AVL)).
A detailed description of the requirements of the position is included in the Terms of Reference (TOR). You may download a copy of the TOR from following link: http://www.tongaairports.com/about/pacific-aviation-investment-program/tender-vacancy/
It is anticipated that the TFSU Technical Adviser – Infrastructure will commence as soon as possible on a periodic basis anticipated to be equivalent to 3 days of input per week but will depend on the work program (0.6 FTE) which shall be agreed between the Consultant and the Program Manager in advance.
- Tonga Airports Limited now invites interested and eligible persons to provide their Expression of Interest consisting of a i) Curriculum Vitae, ii) list of 3 references with relevant contract details and iii) a Statement addressing the Selection Criteria contained within the TOR, demonstrating that they possess the relevant qualifications and experience to perform the services. The consultant will have:
- i. Tertiary qualifications in contract management, engineering, or other relevant discipline from a recognized institution;
- ii. Demonstrated experience in managing civil works contracts or providing civil works technical support, preferably in an aviation environment;
- iii. Minimum of seven (7) years’ work experience in a civil engineering, infrastructure or aviation role;
- iv. Good understanding of contract management skills;
- v. Demonstrated high level computer literacy (e.g. MS Office, for operations using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Outlook applications;
- vi. Demonstrated ability to work independently, with initiative and at high quality levels, whilst working independently being a team player through clear concise communications is important;
- vii. Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills in English, networking and coordination skills, including high-level report-writing skills;
- viii. Willingness to travel as required to support Program implementation;
- ix. Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and communicate effectively with stakeholders, with people of different cultural backgrounds, and varying technical skill levels
Only the most qualified and suitable candidate will be interviewed prior to negotiating a Contract.
The Consultant will be selected based on “Selection of an Individual Consultant” in accordance with the “Guidelines; Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers” dated January 2011, which can be accessed at www.worldbank.org/procure .
- Please submit your Expression of Interest details to the address below no later than Tuesday, 2nd June 2015. Email submissions will be accepted. Your Submission should be clearly marked “Expression of Interest for PAIP TFSU Technical Adviser, Contract Reference Number TFSU/IC/D11”
- Attention: Ms Pua Latu
Physical Address: PAIP TFSU Project Office, Ground Level, TAL Building, Poutaha, Nukuálofa, Tonga