13 August 2012 The Ministry of Internal Affairs invites applications from within and outside the Public Service to the following vacant position of Deputy Director in the Sports Division of the Ministry.
Position: Deputy Director
Division: Sports Division
Deadline: 30th August, 2012
Please note that all applications are required to forward their applications with their "Curriculum Vitae" together with relevant certificates, transcripts and must be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer for Internal Affairs to reach the Ministry no later than 4.30pm, Friday 31st August 2012.
All Public Service employees wishing to apply must do so through their respective Head of Department.
For more information please contact Elaine Havealeta.
Deputy Director for Sports
The Ministry of Internal Affairs seeks to appoint a Deputy Director to oversee matters and to advise the Minister and the Director on the development of sports in Tonga and to manage and coordinate programs implemented under it. The officer in this position will be in charge of planning, organization, monitoring and assessment of activities and staff in the Sports Division.
The position is responsible for the following:
Key Result Area : POLICYResponsibilities :
- Provide advice to the Minister and Director on sport policy and development
- Draw up a plan of action for the Sports Division of the Ministry
- Oversee the design of programs for delivery under the Tonga Institute of Sports
CoordinationWork in conjunction with staff within the Ministry of Internal Affairs to:
- Coordinate the delivery of programs and training(s) in schools and communities
- Supervise the performance of all staff
Planning and Development
- Oversee the development of the Primary Schools and Secondary Schools work plans on sports development
Facilitate the works needed to deliver the designed sports activities
- Instigate association with the National Bodies of Athlectics, Netball and Rugby
- Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of program activities
- Provide appropriate advice to the Minister and Director
- Provide progress
reports on the activities of the Sports Division
- The person must hold Master Degree with at least 7 years work experience either in the Public Service or in related fields in the Private sector
- It would be an advantage that he was working in a team environment and able to manage staff
- Excellent in written and oral communication skills
- Must be fluent in English and Tongan
- Must be computer literate
- Reliable, Punctual and Hard Working
For further inquiries, please call Elaine Havealeta at 28976 or 28977 or visit our head office located at Taufa'ahau Road opposite GPS Nuku'alofa. All applications are to be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer for Ministry of Internal Affairs and to be received no later than 4:30 of the 30th August 2012.
Issued by the: Ministry of Internal Affairs, Nuku'alofa, 2012. Tel: 28976 /28977