MINISTRY OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Post Title: RECORDS MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Position Description: Play an integral role in the development and implementation of the Freedom of Information Policy's Records management initiatives and strategy, including reports generations and databases management for ease and timely retrieval of records and information.
The Ministry of Information and Communications is seeking a highly motivated, proactive, suitably qualified and experienced individual to fill the position of "Records Management Officer".
The successful candidate will work in the FOI Unit of the Information Department (MIC) in ensuring that Records management of the Information Department is maintained and also maintains the System for FOI Requests and Government Information Databases. Assist in the Archives project and formulation of Publication Schemes.
Minimum qualification is a Diploma in Information Systems, Records Management or relevant field. Must have at least 5 years work experience in records management from a recognised institution.
Experience and competency with IT Systems for record retrieval and file management is important.
Experience with Databases management, library and archives management is highly considered.
Salary scale is fixed at $14,571.41 p.a.
Applications are open to both members of the Public Service and external applicants. Please apply through your HODs if within Government. This job opportunity is a contract basis subject to review upon successful tenure.
The Applicant can start as soon as possible. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note that all applications must be accompanied by relevant transcripts and documents and forwarded to the Secretary for Information & Communications no later than 4:30 pm Friday, 10 August, 2012.
All applicants should submit their applications, labelled ‘FOI Unit' and addressed to:
Secretary for Information and Communications,
Ministry of Information and Communications,
P.O. Box 1380,
Position Records Management Officer (RMO)
Department Information Department (FOI Unit)
Reporting to Secretary for Information and Communications
The post holder will work actively with the FOI Unit team in ensuring that the management of the records and information of the Department is maintained and also maintains the System for FOI Request Database and Information Central Archives.
Position Responsibilities /Accountabilities
- Assist in the coordination of training programmes on all aspects of Freedom of Information, Data Protection and Records management to all government agencies
- Assist in Information Central Archives Access and procurement, research and reproduction of information material/resources for re-use by requesters
- Assist in the development and implementation of the FOI Unit's Archives project and records management policy - including the entire life cycle of records from creation through destruction, including processes for risk management associated with records
- To participate in the establishment and maintenance of a robust, accessible and common records management system across the FOI Unit both manual systems and electronic management systems
- Report to FOI Unit Senior Officer on matters regarding the records management policies and may at times assist other Agency FOI Officers in their records management audit and plans;
- Process and respond to requests for information under the various access to information legislation including draft responses to Subject Access Requests, processing records for Freedom of Information request
- Assist in the development of the FOI Unit and Government Agencies' Publication Scheme and ensure processes are in place to keep it updated and legislative requirements are met.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned or delegated
Qualifications/Education and Experience
Applicants must have the:
- Minimum qualification is a Diploma in Information Systems, Records Management or relevant field.
- Training or studies of Database management, library or archives management or related fields is highly considered.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in an information and records management environment or in a recognized institution which should include experience of developing and delivering corporate strategies in the areas of information or records management.
- Experience with Freedom of Information policy and relevant policies for disclosure of government information
- Have experience of developing and delivering policies and procedures in the area of information or records management
- Have experience of report writing and the presentation of reports to senior management
- Experience and competency with IT Systems for record retrieval and file management is important.
QUALITIES & SKILLS
Each applicant is required to produce a true copy of their transcripts and qualifications, trainings or relevant employment and are required to provide THREE referees to support their applications.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for short listing.
Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications prior to taking up the post will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.
Salary is fixed at $ 14,571.41 per annum. This position is a one-year contract subject to review after tenure.
For further enquiries, please contact the Information Department: