10th March 2017 His Majesty, King Tupou VI has granted the following Ministerial re-assignments and appointment, upon the nomination of the Prime Minister, Hon. Samuela ‘Akilisi Pohiva, with effect from 6th March, 2017:
- i.The Deputy Prime Minister, Hon. Siaosi Sovaleni continues as the Minister for Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Climate Change and Communications and will also be the Minister for Foreign Affairs.
- ii.The Hon. Tevita Lavemaau, ceases to be the Minister for Revenue and Customs and is reassigned to the ministerial portfolio of the Minister for Finance and National Planning.
- iii.The Hon. Pohiva Tu’i’onetoa:
(a) has ceased to be the Minister for Police, Prisons and Fire Services;
(b) continues as the Minister of Commerce, Consumer, Trade, Innovation and Labour; and
(c) will also be the Minister for Revenue and Customs.
- iv. The Hon. Sione Vuna Fa’otusia continues as Minister for Justice and will also be the Minister responsible for Prisons.
- v. The Hon. Mateni Tapueluelu, People’s Representative of Tongatapu No. 4 Constituency, is appointed as the Minister for Police and Fire Services.