Arrival at Fua'amotu International Airport
Lord Glenaurthur and Overseas Friends of His Late Majesty joined the Ministers of the Crown, Heads of Diplomatic Missions, Special Envoys, the Lord Chief Justice amd Members of the Judiiciary, Nobles of the Realms , Lord Spearker and Members of the Legislative Assembly at the VVI Departure Lounge.
His Royal Highness The Crown Prince Tupouto'a 'Ulukalala and Her Majesty Queen Nanasipau'u joins other members of the Royal Family at the Royal Suite.
Hundreds of high school students from Queen Salote College and Tonga College flanked the entrance into the Departure lounge in a ngatu-clad road.
The arrival of the Royal Flight in Tonga was accompanied by His Majesty King Tupou VI. Her Royal Highness Princess Salote Mafile'o Pilolevu - The Princess Royal was also joined by Her Royal Highness Princess Angelika Latufuipeka Halaevalu Mata'aho, the Hon. Salote Maumautaimi Tuku'aho. Other members of the Royal Party included Lord-in-waiting, Lord Ma'afu, Lord Fakafanua, Private Secretary to His Majesty and the Secretary for Foreign Affairs.
In awaiting the Conveyance of the Royal Casket from the Aircraft to the Hearse by Bearer Party from the Tonga Defence Services, His Late Majesty were met by His Royal Highness The Crown Prince Tupouto'a 'Ulukalala, His Royal Highness Prince Ata and other members of the Royal Family who were accompanied by the Prime Minister, Lord Tu'ivakano, the Chief Secretary and Secretary to Cabinet and the Lord Chamberlain.
In a very solemn and traditional occasion, Lauaki and some men from the Ha'a Tufunga, the nimatapu walked side by side the Royal Cortege, as it makes it way to the Royal Departure Lounge where Her Majesty Queen Nanasipau'u, Ratu Epeli Nailatikau and other distinguished members of the Royal Families, both overseas and abroad awaits His Late Majesty's Royal Funeral.
Order of Procession - Conveying the Royal Cortege to the Royal Palace, Nuku'alofa
The Royal Cortege departs from Fua'amotu International Airport through an unbroken line of school children seated at either sides of Tuku'aho and Taufa'ahau Roads. In silent homage to their Beloved Late Monarch.
The Order of Procession for the Royal Cortege:
The Hearse with the Royal Casket of His Majesty King George Tupou V was followed by:
1. Their Majesties King Tupou VI and !Queen Nanasipau'u
2. His Royal Highness The Crown Prince Tupouto'a 'Ulukalala
3. Her Royal Highness Princess Salote Pilolevu, The Princess Royal and Lord Tuita
4. His Royal Highness Prince Ata
5. Her Royal Highness Princess Angelika Latuifuipeka Halaevalu Mata'aho
7. Hon. Salote Lupepau'u and other Hon. Members of the Royal Family
8. Her Royal Highness Mele Siu'ilikutapu, The Dowager Lady Kalaniuvalu-Fotofili
9. Her Royal Highness, Princess Lavinia Mata-o-Taone, The Lady Ma'afu
10. Her Royal Highness Princess Sinaitakala 'Ofeina 'e he Langi, The Dowager Lady Fakafanua
11. His Serene Highness Prince Tungi
12. Their Serene Highness Prince and Princess Tu'ipelehake
13. His Excellency Ratu Epeli Nailatikau, President of the Republic of Fiji and First Lady Adi Koila
14. Lord Prime Minister, Ministers of the Crown and spouses.
15. Resident Heads of Diplomatic Missions
16. Nobles of the Realm
17. Lord Chief Justice, Member of the judiciary and spouses
18. Lord Speaker, Members of the Legislative Assembly and spounses
19. Relatives of the Royal Family
21 Guns Salute
When the Royal Cortege arrives at the Tufumahina Royal Reisidence, the Salute Battery at the Government Flagstaff commences the 21 Gun Salute at Pangai. As the Royal Cortege makes it way along Taufa'ahau Road, villages put out their tapa cloths - 'launima' and ngatu to cover the road for the procession as Homage to their Late King, with banners of 'We love you King Tupou V.'
Arrival in Nuku'alofa
The Queen Mother, Her Majesty Queen Hallaevalu Mata'aho was at the Royal Palace in Nuku'alofa, for His Majesty The Late King's arrival. The Royal Salute by the Guard of Honour proceeds as the Royal Corte arrived at the Sacred gate of the Royal Palace.
Their Majesties King Tupou VI and Queen Nanasipau'u joined The Queen Mother, as the Bearer Party from the Tonga Royal Guards marches on and conveys the Royal Casket to the Throne Room where His Majesty will lie-in-state an where the Vigil procession will commence.ENDS