23 November 2009
The Embassy of Japan will host the first "Japanese Film Show" in Tonga at the Kalia Room, International Dateline Hotel.
The film show presents Japan's famous animation " My Neighbour Totoro." A 85 minutes animation which demonstrates Japanese Village life back in the 1950's.
My Neighbour Totoro is a delightful and charming family film directed by a world known Japanese animation master Mr. Hayao Miyazaki.
The film will be screened six times in the Kingdom of Tonga. First screening will be on Tuesday, 24th for invitees only then on Thursday 26th and Saturday 29th free for the public.
Free tickets for admission for the film show are now available at the Embassy of Japan Office.
Screening schedule is as follows:
- TUESDAY November 24th (invitees only)
- - 1st screening begins at 6:00 pm
- - 2nd screening begins at 8:30 pm
- THURSDAY November 26th
- - 1st screening beings at 6:00 pm
- - 2nd screening beings at 8:00 pm
- SATURDAY November, 28th
- - 1st screening beings at 2:00 pm
- - 2nd screening beings at 4:30 pm
For further enquires please contact : Ms Hanako Masuhara, Embassy of Japan in Tonga. Level 5, National Reserve Bank of Tonga Building / Telephone : 22-221 / Fax 27-025