- Central Police Station (Police District - Nuku'alofa) recorded 30 (59%) followed by 09 - Neiafu, Vava'u, 06 - Mu'a Station, 04 - Nukunuku and 02 - Pangai, Ha'apai.
- Housebreaking offence was the most reported with 15 offences followed by 13 - theft, 10 - assaults, 03 each obtaining by false pretence and trespass, 02 - bodily harm, and 01, each willful damage to other properties, willful damage to buildings, unlawful entry into building by night, threatening language at government servant and bodily harm.
- 10 out of the 15 housebreakings was registered at Nuku'alofa district, 02 at Neiafu Vava'u and 01 each at Mu'a, Nukunuku, Pangai Ha'apai and Neiafu, Vava'u.
- Total of 23 offences registered under other acts besides Criminal Offences Act, compared to 39 offences recorded in the previous week. Most offences registered were under Order in Public Places Act (Cap 37).
- Total of 235 offences were registered under Traffic Act and regulations compared to 300 offences reported the previous week.
- The four (04) male offenders charged with armed robbery and attempt murder at a petrol station in Kolofo'ou, Nuku'alofa on 06 January 2012, appeared at the Nuku'alofa Magistrate Court 2pm yesterday Monday 30/01/2012. Additional charge of attempt murder was laid against one of the offenders, after ballistic evidence indicated he also shot the 53 years old station supervisor. Magistrate Court refused bail and ordered to continue remand in police custody until 07 March 2012 for preliminary inquiry hearing.
- Meantime, police at Neiafu, Vava'u have charged an eighteen (18) years old male youth of Fungamisi, Neiafu with housebreak and theft at officers of one of the overseas volunteer organizations located at Fungamisi. The suspect is scheduled to appear at the Magistrates Court Neiafu today (31/01/2012).
Acting Police Commissioner