11 October 2011. Crime Report for Period October 3-9, 2011.
- Total of 52 criminal offences registered during the period 3-9/10/2011, compared to 49 the previous week, an increase of 3 offences
- Out of the 52 criminal offences reported, 38 crimes registered at Central Police Station (Police District 1), 7 - Mu'a Station (PD2), 4 - Nukunuku Station (PD3), 2 - Neiafu Vava'u (PD5) and 1 - Vaini Substation.
- Theft and Common Assault equalled with 15 crimes each as the most reported criminal offence, followed by 11 housebreaking , 3 wilful damage, 2 indecent assault and 1 each obtain by False Pretence, Fraudulent conversion, Embezzlement and trespass.
- Total of 27 offences registered under Other Act besides Criminal Offences Act, the same number as previous week, mostly drunk in public place under the Order in Public Places Act.
- Total of 179 offences registered under Traffic Act and Regulations compared to 183 the previous week
- Non-payment of motor vehicle quarterly license was the most committed offence Police was called to investigate the death of 62 years old female person at her home in Houmakelikao on Wednesday 5/10/2011. Investigation reveals that the 65 years old husband of the deceased was driving their Pajero van through the driveway at their home when the deceased suddenly crossed in the front of the vehicle to stop their dog. The vehicle did not stop but hit the deceased.
The deceased was rushed to Vaiola Hospital and died in the evening of the same day, from internal injuries to her body, according to report by medical authorities at Vaiola Hospital.
Police investigations continues and no one has been charged.
Acting Police Commissioner.
Issued by the: Ministry of Information and Communications, Nuku'alofa, 2011.