After your appointment is confirmed, an Embassy employee will review the document requirements, advise what fees you will need to pay, and how the fees should be paid. For security reasons, cash is not accepted. Failure to provide required documents or the appropriate payment will result in the cancellation of your appointment.
The Vice Consul will take applications for reports of birth abroad, passports, and notarize documents that will be used in the U.S. For information about required documents for passports and reports of birth, please visit http://suva.usembassy.gov/passport_services.html. In addition to the original documents, you will need to bring photocopies of ALL original documents, IDs, and passports.
Only the following visa categories may be eligible for an interview in Nuku'alofa:
- Students (F - Must have I-20A or I-20B and paid SEVIS fee)
- Exchange visitors (J - Must have DS-2019 and paid SEVIS fee)
- Seaman or Airline Crewmember (C-1/D - Must have agency letter)
- Religious workers (R - must have I-129 petition filing and meet requirements)
- Temporary Visitor for Business or Pleasure (B1 and/or B2) who has had a valid U.S. visa within the last five years, can present proof of the visa, and has not overstayed in the U.S.
Applicants cannot have been refused a U.S. visa, been removed from the U.S., or denied entry into the United States at a Port of Entry.
Issued by the: US Embassy in Suva, 31 Loftus Street, Suva, Fiji, 2011.