The Ministry of Internal Affairs, and for developing and leading programs
to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of service
The (MOTEYS) Ministry of Training Employment, Youth and Sports with the District/Town Officer Department who was previous at Prime Minister Office are combined together in this ministry.
- The Ministry of Internal Affairs consolidates the policy and many of
the delivery functions related to social and community development
- Promotion of women's rights and gender issues; promotion and
protection of culture;
- Development of youth and sports;
- Management of
seasonal work schemes;
- Development of local government capacity and
engagement with Government as well as the management of District
- The Ministry will complement the efforts of
other Ministries to promote strong inclusive communities in meeting
their service needs and ensuring equitable distribution of development
....................... - Minister for Internal Affairs.
Mr. Lopeti Senituli - Secretary for Internal Affairs.